Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Yummy Lunch

I found a yummy and easy lunch. It is quickly becoming my go to lunch. It comes together really quickly which is great. I always cook up a batch of brown rice either Saturday or Sunday and stick it in the fridge to use during the week which makes this lunch so good!!

Brown Rice Yumminess
1/2 c. cooked brown rice
1/2 T. olive oil
2 mushrooms sliced
1/4 c. edamame (you can add more depending on how much you like it)
salt
pepper

Heat oil over med heat.While oil is heating put edamame and a dash of salt in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 and 1/2 minutes. Throw the slice mushrooms into the pan and cook. After a few minutes put in the steamed edamame and microwave rice covered for a minute. Throw it all in to a bowl and dig in!

I also steam some broccoli or cauliflower to eat on the side but this always fills me and tastes delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment