Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Mama's Meatloaf

Meatloaf. I can't believe how many different kinds of meatloaf there are. Some with ketchup. Others with barbecue sauce. Also with gravy. I hate to admit it but I am kind of a meatloaf snob. I don't even try any that has ketchup or barbecue sauce. It's just not right. This is the only meatloaf I make and I refuse to try any other recipe. So maybe you should try it.

Meatloaf
from My Mom

1/2 lb. ground turkey
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion (chopped)
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1 egg
1 Tbs. worchestire sauce
3 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients and mix either with hand or a spoon but I think you can mix it up better with your hand. Put meat mixture into a pan and bake for 40 minutes covered. Uncover meatloaf and bake for 10 minutes more. Take it out of the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Cut and serve.

*I use a corningware pan but I have also used a pyrex dish but I have never used a metal dish.

*Leftovers are amazing. Cold on a sandwich. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment