Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever!!

I have been using this cookie recipe for about 8 years. I have tried lots of other but I always come back to this one. It's soft and chewy middle and just a tad crisp on the outside. These cookies never fail me and I don't have to let the butter come to room temperature so I don't have to wait. The trick with the soft and chewy is using the cold ingredients and keeping the dough cold. Since they are all butter it takes longer for the cookies to flatten and don't get as crispy. Enjoy!!




Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip cookie
adapted from Fine Cooking

10 3/4 oz (1 1/3 c.) unsalted butter, cold cut in pieces
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 c. granulated sugar
2 lg eggs, cold
1 Tbs. vanilla
17 oz. (3 3/4 c.) flour (I always use the ounce measurement because of the varying weight difference in measuring cups.)
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. chocolate chips (I've only ever used semi-sweet)

Preheat your oven to 375. Beat together butter and sugars starting on low speed and slowly increasing to high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl and beater. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on low until blended. Beat on high until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape bowl and beater.

In a separate bowl whisk flour, salt, and baking soda. Add this to butter mixture and mix on low or with a wooden spoon until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop 1 rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until just barely brown around edges, rotating halfway through. Remove from oven and let sit 3-4 minutes.

I like to use 2 different cookie sheets and bake on at a time so the sheets have time to cool a little in between. I also sometime put the dough in the fridge between depending on the temperature of my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment