Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I've seen a couple of these recipes floating around the blogosphere and a few days ago I was on a CRAZY peanut butter chocolate kick. My waist was not happy with me after but my tummy was. These cookies are not overly sweet so you could eat a dozen in one day... not that any sane person would do that... moving on. For me it is the perfect balance of PB & Chocolate but if you like more peanut butter-iness throw in more or less whatever you like.



Triple Threat Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 30-40 cookies
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
1 heaping teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add in melted semi-sweet chocolate and mix until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop large mounds of dough (about 2 tablespoons worth) and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment