Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Green Chile Pork Tacos (Slow Cooker)

In town there is a really great Mexican restaurant. I love their tacos but can't always afford to go out and sometimes it's nice to stay in  but I love their tacos so I was on a search for the best pork tacos and I think I found it. It's so easy and it really is a set it and forget meal. Also with me watching what I'm eating this meal is great because I can eat it without a shell. Bonus it makes excellent leftovers!!

 

 

Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Tacos

Ingredients

  • 5 pounds Pork Loin
  • 1 jar Salsa Verde (16 Oz. Jar)
  • 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 whole Onion, Chopped
  • 1 cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
  • 3 whole Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
  • Corn Tortillas, To Serve

Preparation Instructions

Place pork loin in a slow cooker. Mix together salsa verde, lime juice, and salt and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Meanwhile, mix together onion and cilantro in a small bowl; refrigerate. About one hour before serving, remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker, and stir in about 1/2 cup of the onion and cilantro mixture. To serve, place pork mixture into corn tortillas. Top with onion and cilantro mixture and chopped tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment