Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Homemade Goldfish Crackers

Have you ever thought you did something but it turns out you didn't? I have and did with this recipe. I completely thought that I had already put it up and shared it with everyone but when I went to go and make these the other day I couldn't find the recipe anywhere on my blog. Probably because it has been kind of hectic around here and things have been slipping my mind a lot. I've been teaching more dance classes and my two year old decided he wanted to start potty training (Yes!) and we are at the end of football season so I am still pretty much a single parent but I am posting it now and I hope you will take some time to make these. Your children will thank you.



8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
1 cup Flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
¾ teaspoons Salt
2 Tablespoons Cold Water

Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes. Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
 

Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.


Note: I made the cookie cutter by cutting up and old pop can and forming/taping it how I wanted it too look. You can do fish, footballs, pacman and lots of other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment