Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nordy Bars

There are a few things I miss about living in rural Idaho that I had in the suburbs of Portland. BurgerVille. Good Thai food. Being close to the beach and mountains. Shopping. There are a tons of different unique and interesting stores where I am from. There are also larger department stores that I miss. One of my favorites was Nordstrom but mostly because they have a cafe in their store. So I can eat and shop.  Plus it actually has good, healthy food not just greasy food court food and of course they have desserts. That is were this delightful gem came from. They are called Nordy Bars and they are on of my favorite cookie bars. 

They are good, delicious, and rich.I think it's the combination of butterscotch and marshmallows that does it for me but that may not be your favorite part. You may like the chocolate and nuts but whatever you like I know you'll love these bars. So  make some and dig in and don't be ashamed if you eat half the pan like I did.
 

Nordy Bars

½ c. butter
2 c. butterscotch chips
½ c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ c. flour
2 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
2 t. vanilla
2 c. semi-sweet chips
2 c. mini marshmallow
1 c. walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven 350.. Grease pan. Melt the butter over med heat. Add butterscotch chips and brown Sugar and Stir til melted being careful not to burn. Remove from the heat and add eggs and stir quick until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt Mix well. Add vanilla and let cool to about room temperature so the chocolate chips and marshmallows don't melt.. When cooled add chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts. Spread in pan and bake 25-28 minutes. Let cool to room temperature and serve or share.


*I have no idea where this recipe came from but my Mom has been making these for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment