Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Didn't Miss the Beef Turkey Burgers.

I forgot to take a picture before... Sorry!

So this summer I have really enjoyed grilling!! I love burgers but with trying to lose the baby weight they haven't been the best. It's not just the beef though. It's the bun (even though we use the Orowheat sandwich thins), the mayo, the ketchup, the cheese. I've tried turkey burgers and they weren't bad but I knew they could be better and tonight they were. I had mine without a bun or ketchup or mayo. I topped mine with red onion, tomato, and lettuce. Then we had grilled zucchini on the side. No parmesan cheese. No oil. Just good ole' salt and pepper!! It was such a good and healthy dinner I can't wait to have it again.

The Problem with this recipe is I did it without measurements. I Salted til it felt right. Same with the pepper and the herbs.

Didn't Miss the Beef Turkey Burgers

1 lb. ground turkey
Fresh Oregano
Fresh Chives
Fresh Thyme
Fresh Parsley (a little goes a long way)
1 tsp. dijon mustard

Place ground turkey in a bowl. Chops the herbs fairly fine. Add herbs and mustard to the ground turkey. Mix with your fingers until it's just combined. Over working it leads to tougher burgers. Divide into 4 balls and flatten into desired size burgers (Mine were a little larger than the bun I was going to put them on). Layer between saran wrap or freezer paper and freeze for an hour. Grill on medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side.

Tips:
DO NOT PRESS ON THE BURGER WHILE IT"S COOKING
Only flip burgers once. The less they are handled the juicier they are.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment