Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quick and Delicious Hummus

I  love hummus. I love dipping things in it and I love putting it on my sandwiches. If you haven't had hummus before a lot of people use it as a mayonnaise substitute. I love buying multigrain chips and using as a dip or even vegetables.  I used to always buy it at Costco but when my parents told me how easy it was to make I was so excited!! Here is the recipe I use.


Quick and Delicious Hummus
source: Brye Crockett

3 cups (two 15.5 oz cans) drained garbanzo beans
6 Tb. sesame tahini
6 Tb. lemon juice
1 Tb. olive oil
3-4 garlic cloves (depending on size)
1-2 tsp. ground cumin (I LOVE cumin so I do closer to 2)
Salt to taste

In food processor mix garbanzo beans, tahini. lemon juice, and garlic. While the food processor is running add the olive oil. (I think it tastes creamier when added this way.) Once creamy add spices and pulse. Season to your liking. Serve or refrigerate and serve later.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOO can't wait to try this. I just bought a costco size garbanzo beans with the intent to google some hummus recipes!

    ReplyDelete