Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Bread and it's healthy.

I love this time of year. Being able to walk in to my backyard and get fresh vegetables for dinner but I have an abundance of zucchini. I missed one the other day and when I found it it was huge so the only thing to do is make zucchini bread. My favorite bread but it's always very oily so I wanted to find a recipe less oily and healthier and I think I found it at Skinnytaste,com. It's a great website with lots of good, healthy recipes.

I made this for Sam's birthday and it was so good I made a second loaf the same night so if you have an abundance of zucchini try this out and let me know.

Lowfat Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour (regular whole wheat flour would work)
1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1-1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup apple sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (not packed)


Preheat oven to 325°.

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.

Add chocolate chips and gently mix to combine.

In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce and zucchini. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.  

Pour batter into a large 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let it cool before slicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment