Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DELICIOUS Whole Wheat Bread

A couple of months age I met an amazing gal at the gym I work out at. She brought me a wonderful loaf of bread that has changed my life. Okay maybe that is a little exaggerated. I make this bread about every 5 days and it gives us two loaves. Since I am so nice I always give one loaf away and keep the other and everyone who has tried it loves it.

For this recipe I grind my own wheat but you can use King Arthur's Whole White Wheat flour. You can buy it at most grocery store and even the gluten flour is sold at Wal-mart so even if you don't have these ingredients in your pantry they aren't hard to find.


 


Amber's Amazing Wheat Bread
 Note This recipe makes one loaf so I always double it.

1 1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
1/4 cup honey
2 3/4 cups whole white wheat flour or regular wheat but I prefer white
1/4 cup wheat gluten
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. nonfat non instant dry milk
1 Tbs. butter/margarine/oil
1 Tbs. vinegar
1/4 cup potato flakes (NOT potato pearls)

Mix ingredients in order listed in mixing bowl of mixer with dough hook attachment (like kitchen-aid) for 12-15 minutes. Let rise until double, 1- 1 1/2 hours. Punch down, and shape into loaf or rolls. Let rise again until double and bake 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment