Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Super Amazing Fresh Salsa

I've been making this recipe for year now. I think I got it from my Mom who got it from a missionary that was living with her, who got it from his Mom, who got it from a random person. That is how good this salsa recipe is. Random people share this recipe with other random people. Bonus it is so easy!!

I recently made this for an activity for the church I go to and it was a huge hit. I couldn't believe I hadn't shared it on the blog.

I've tried many different types of tomatoes. Canned, fresh, and store bought. They've all turned out the same. The home canned were a little runnier so drain out a little of the water. When I did fresh I blanched the tomatoes, peeled them and threw them in the food processor with the core and it was great. So use what you have or what works for you.

Also, this is El Pato sauce.







You can find it in the Hispanic aisle and since you only use half the can. I put the leftovers in the fridge in a different container or I freeze it.


Fresh Salsa
adapted from someone

28 oz can whole tomatoes             
4 oz can green chiles                  
1/2 onion, chopped                        
1/2 can el pato sauce
1/4 c cilantro, chopped                                 
1 Tbs. garlic powder                     
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbs. fresh oregano
1 whole tomato chopped*

Add tomatoes, chiles, onion, el pato sauce, cilantro, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and fresh oregano to food processor. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. Add whole chopped tomato and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment